Friday, April 12, 2013

RAPED






I was taught to be righteous..
“This world spares no one”
My caretaker told me…
“It’s like a pond spawning with toads,
to stand out…
You have to be boisterous…
Be what you are…
Believe what you wish to…
This world is yours!!”

Growing up wasn’t easy…
I gave up every bit of
what I learnt!
Every act in my life
had a repercussion!
Orphaned by fate
Or was it just me
Left alone to face it!!

They found me…
In a dark creak!
My memories are lost…
All I sense is pain!
PAIN …in my mind,
In my soul!!
My fate was decided by
the dark faces
of those monsters!
Not by the humble words of my caretaker!!

I sit in darkness.
My head buried in my knees…
I fear closing my eyes!
I am buried!
BURIED..in the ground that holds me!
Sunshine is not for me…
Stars would never be my blanket…
They were the only witnesses
Of the outrage
That broke on me!!


4 comments:

  1. Nice... but this is the same as people who say rape 'victims' as "zinda laash"... have to break out of this mindset. life goes on for rape survivors you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is completely bare. Very bitter to swallow. Disturbing to read again. But its the bare truth. like some of lou reeds songs. Telling it as it is, with no happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Espe Rante: Your perspective, their perspective, his perspective, her perspective will be always positive because we wish to believe that there's a way out. For such people, life is a struggle. They have to fight out all the odds to live a normal life and that my friend, is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @the passenger I believe in naked vitriolic truism....you know !! Thanks for accepting this

    ReplyDelete